Not a bug

My coordinates don't appear to update ever

Anonymous 10 years ago updated by alibek 10 years ago 0
My coordinates don't appear to update I have opened compass to refresh coords. Been the same for many months. Updates are on. Always my old home address.

Answer

Answer
Not a bug
Hi, 
TL;DR short answer: if it is in auto mode, then it will update coordinates.

Long answer: It sends new coordinates to server when distance travelled is beyond a threshold, which is different for different areas, depending how far are you from the nearest shore and how dangerous that shore is. On Thailand seashore threshold is 2km, mid-continent in Siberia it will be 500km. So once you will move more than N km from the point your coordinates were updated last, the app will automatically wakeup and send new coordinates to the server.
However, you always have an option to force the update. Just turn off auto mode, wait until the green button turns yellow and just press it. Let us know if it does not help
Answer
Not a bug
Hi, 
TL;DR short answer: if it is in auto mode, then it will update coordinates.

Long answer: It sends new coordinates to server when distance travelled is beyond a threshold, which is different for different areas, depending how far are you from the nearest shore and how dangerous that shore is. On Thailand seashore threshold is 2km, mid-continent in Siberia it will be 500km. So once you will move more than N km from the point your coordinates were updated last, the app will automatically wakeup and send new coordinates to the server.
However, you always have an option to force the update. Just turn off auto mode, wait until the green button turns yellow and just press it. Let us know if it does not help